March 19, 2013 – Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) announced today that it will air sixteen Sportsnet simulcasts of Toronto Blue Jays games in 2013, complete with live described video making them completely accessible for Blue Jays fans who are blind or partially sighted.
AMI kick-started its relationship with Canada’s Major League Baseball Team last fall when it became the first ever broadcaster to air a major league baseball game with live described video servicing the blind and low vision community.
"We are thrilled with our expanded partnership with the Toronto Blue Jays," says John Melville, AMI Vice-President of Programming and Production. "We knew this was a perfect fit for our demographic and we were right. Our experience airing the three games last September was such a positive one and, as we suspected, our audience loved it. Plus, this season should prove an exciting one based on all of the acquisitions the Jays made during the off-season. We are excited to be a part of it."
Sam Cosentino returns as AMI’s voice for Toronto Blue Jays described video and will be joined in the booth by veteran sports broadcaster Jim Van Horne.
AMI’s 2013 schedule for Toronto Blue Jays Baseball follows:
- Tuesday April 2nd vs. Cleveland @ 7:07pm
- Saturday, April 6th vs. Boston @ 1:07pm
- Saturday April 20th vs. New York @ 1:07pm
- Saturday May 4th vs. Seattle @ 1:07pm
- Monday, May 20th vs. Tampa Bay @ 1:07pm
- Saturday, May 25th vs. Baltimore @ 1:07pm
- Saturday, June 8th vs. Texas @ 1:07pm
- Saturday, June 22nd vs. Baltimore @ 1:07pm
- Monday, July 1st vs. Detroit @ 1:07pm
- Saturday, July 6th vs. Minnesota @ 1:07pm
- Saturday, July 20th vs. Tampa Bay @ 1:07pm
- Saturday, July 27th vs. Houston @ 1:07pm
- Saturday, August 10th vs. Oakland @ 1:07pm
- Saturday, August 31st vs. Kansas City @ 1:07pm
- Saturday, September 14th vs. Baltimore @ 1:07pm
- Saturday, September 28th vs. Tampa Bay @ 1:07pm
Catch all the action of Toronto Blue Jays Baseball on AMI. Check your local listings or AMI.ca for details. All dates and times are subject to change.
Follow us on Twitter: @a11ymedia
About Accessible Media Inc.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization operating two broadcast services, AMI-tv, AMI-audio, and a website, AMI.ca
. AMI serves more than five million Canadians who are blind or with low vision, deaf or hard of hearing, learning disabled, mobility or print restricted, or learning English as a second language by making print, broadcast and online media accessible.
For more information, please contact:
Janis Davidson Pressick, Communications Manager
Andrea Ramos, Communications Coordinator