Do you want to make a difference every day? Then AMI is the place for you.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit media company that entertains, informs, and empowers Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French, AMI’s vision is to establish and support a voice for Canadians with disabilities, representing their interests, concerns and values through accessible media, reflection, and portrayal.
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems and Network Administrator to join our team in Toronto. The Senior Systems & Network Administrator’s primary role is to manage and maintain the company’s IT infrastructure Systems. This role also functions as a key contact with our third party SOC and Managed Services Provider (MSP). Is a point of escalation for support personnel. The incumbent works closely with the Manager of Technology, peers, vendors, and other departmental personnel to help implement company initiatives and IT policies and procedures in order to meet company objectives.
If you are interested in being part of such an awesome team and have the following qualifications, please let us know.
• Maintains corporate technology services standards by installing and configuring servers, network, and other IT related hardware and software. Creates, configures, and supports virtual server environments and software as required.
• Maintains the LAN (local area network), WAN (wide area network), WiFi (wireless network), and network security by performing any required controller or switch configurations, upgrades, and patches in conjunction with MSP.
• Ensure high availability of AMI IT systems by proactively monitoring, maintaining, all network and server related issues, including, but not limited to, physical and virtual server environments, maintaining current server OS, security patches, drivers, and applicable firmware upgrades.
• Maintains quality of service by regularly researching and recommending any required methodologies or resources needed to improve current systems, and thoroughly tests all upgrades and patches prior to deployment in a production environment, while scheduling, communicating, and coordinating with the user community of pending upgrades or changes to systems or networks.
• Collects data to facilitate IT systems capacity planning and trending by reviewing and recording collected data on systems’ CPU and memory usage (hosts, servers, and other IT systems); storage capacity (directly attached, SAN, NAS, or other); network capacity (may include LAN, WAN, Storage Networks, and other).
• Ensures quality and validity of corporate data by maintaining and monitoring installed corporate backup solutions in Conjunction with the MSP.
• Maintains quality of service by participating in the provision of 24/7 support as a point of escalation for support and 3rd party support entities.
• Able to effectively communicate technical aspects of projects to non-technical project members, to foster a better understanding amongst project team contributors. May be expected to interface with vendors and suppliers prior, during, and post project installations.
• Other tasks as required
• Diploma in Computer Science or Technology. Computer Science degree or equivalent.
• 5 to 8 Years’ experience in various software programs and support, managing Cisco Switches, Meraki, Active Directory, VMWare Virtual Infrastructure environments, as well as Windows Server operating systems.
• Working knowledge of maintaining Microsoft SQL Server; Strong knowledge of security best practices; proficiency in supporting Cisco based network hardware and software.
• Strong organizational, planning, analytical and project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a customer service orientation.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, schedule priorities and meet deadlines.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the start date for this position is ASAP.