AMI is a not-for-profit media company that entertains, informs and empowers Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French, AMI’s vision is to establish and support a voice for Canadians with disabilities, representing their interests, concerns and values through accessible media, reflection and portrayal.
AMI makes a difference every day, and we are currently looking for a Media Accessibility Supervisor to join our Media Accessibility team in Toronto. This team ensures that our programs are written and produced in a manner that facilitates accessibility for blind and partially sighted audiences.
Under the direction of the Director of Programming, the Media Accessibility Supervisor will maintain AMI as a leader in media accessibility by setting and influencing AMI’s programming description standards and best practices.
If you are interested in being part of an extraordinary team, and you have the qualifications and experience listed below, please apply:
• Support AMI as a leader in accessibility across all media platforms (web, mobile, social media and standard broadcast), ensuring that all our content is in an accessible format for the blind and partially sighted community.
• Supervise the Media Accessibility team by ensuring the quality and timeliness of team deliverables.
• Oversee quality control of all post described video projects by vetting scripts; verifying accuracy and quality of presentation and ensuring correct articulation and pronunciation and by reporting shortfalls and anomalies.
• Maintain relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally in the development and promotion of industry standards and best practices for Described Video.
• Review and provide expertise on description projects and materials.
• Participate in external committees in order to provide best practices in description.
• Provide on-going support in the training of internal and external production staff, including the cast, crew and guests to assure that all parties are aligned with IDV and Live DV objectives and best practices.
• Maintain continuity and continuous improvement amongst team members by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, with respect to description, and provide regular training to new production employees and vendors.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience, college diploma in Broadcast/Media, Audio Recording Studies or equivalent related experience
• Knowledge of media production techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform via visual and interactive media.
• Knowledge of software, design techniques, tools, and principles, involved in the production of video images. (Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Media Encoder, Microsoft Office.)
• Exceptional writing, editing skills and flair for brevity. Experience with TV and media writing and/or working understanding of audio post-production processes are beneficial.
• Deep understanding of production methodologies pertaining to content creation and experience interacting with crew members on a film set.
• Strong planning and time management skills, with ability to juggle multiple diverse tasks simultaneously.
• Bilingual English/French an asset
Applicants should email their resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line of the email.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note the start date for this position is ASAP.