Do you want to make a difference every day? Are you interested in making media accessible for all Canadians? Are you an experienced television producer with a passion for telling a story? Then AMI is the place for you.
Who we are:
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI)’s mission is to entertain, inform and empower Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French, AMI’s vision is to establish and support a voice for Canadians with disabilities, representing their interests, concerns and values through accessible media, reflection and portrayal.
Currently we are recruiting for a Producer contract, in our Toronto Bureau. The individual who will fill this role will be a creative story teller, an innovative thinker and a team player. Most of all the individual will have the exciting opportunity to create accessible media for Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. If you are interested in being a member of an awesome and passionate team, we would like to hear from you!
1. Accomplish the production of local segments for AMI’s original flagship show “AMI this Week”, and complete longer format projects when approved and/or assigned.
2. Lead the bureau production team throughout the entire production process, provide real–time feedback and coaching, document and communicate production plans, irregularities and project updates
3. Coordinate and schedule the logistical requirements for the production bureau: selecting the crew; providing direction onsite during shooting; arranging interviews and clearances, including accreditation; travel and accommodation; and obtaining rights to third party content as well as music and performance rights
4. Ensure that proper audio and video are captured during field production process: requesting re-shooting, re-framing and determining b-roll from the production team as needed
5. Meet the program quality standards of the production pieces by working closely with the Senior Producer in all aspects of the production; treatment, scripting, paper edit and post phases
• College Diploma/Certification in Broadcast/Media Studies or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years of Production Team Lead or Supervisory experience
• Strong editorial, storytelling and grammatical skills, research skills utilizing web-based resources, attention to detail
• Effective communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Good problem-solving skills, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to display a positive attitude and foster positive working relationships within AMI, media partners, community leaders, local organizations, and elected officials
• Bilingualism is an asset
Applicants should email their resume and covering letter to: email@example.com. Please reference the position title in the subject line of the email.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.