We Are Your CustomerAuthored on January 13, 2023
In this month’s podcast, Ryan and Becky talk to Brian Moore, an expert in accessibility who works in the banking industry. They discuss what services the banks can offer persons with a disability, the Accessible Canada Act, and a whole lot more.
The three main take-aways from this month’s episode:
1) If you aren’t getting the service you think you need from your bank or credit union, call, or email them
2) Read about the Accessible Canada Act, learn what you are entitled to
3) Always carry a pair of corded earbuds with you
Follow Brian on Twitter: @bmoore123
Email Brian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Envisioning Technologies – Talking ATM Episode
Towards an Accessible Canada
A Guide to ADA Compliance in Canada
Aira - Visual Interpreting
You’re ApprovedAuthored on December 16, 2022
In this month’s podcast, Ryan and Becky discuss the world of loans, lines of credit and mortgages. They break down how interest works and the hidden fees and traps to look for.
The three main takeaways from the episode:
1) Shop around for loans. Different lenders will offer different rates
2) Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Look for hidden finance fees and interest rate terms
3) Get overdraft protection or a line-of-credit if you can
Lines of Credit: When to Use Them and When to Avoid Them
Choosing a mortgage that is right for you
Getting help from a credit counsellor
What’s in Your Wallet?Authored on November 18, 2022
"In this month’s episode, Ryan and Becky dig into your credit report, credit score and credit cards. They discuss how a credit report is different than your credit score, and what you can do to improve both. From there they go on to the pros and cons of credit cards and how to choose the right one for you.
The three main take-aways from today’s episode:
1. Check your credit report
2. Be disciplined with your credit cards
3. Shop around for the credit card that’s right for you
To learn more, check out the following links:
2019 CBC Marketplace episode on credit scores: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BsxZFrV4dU&t=92s
How do cybercriminals steal credit card information? https://www.techtarget.com/whatis/feature/How-do-cybercriminals-steal-c…
How credit cards work: https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/credit-card…"