Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is committed to recognizing and being responsive to the diverse needs of our employees, contractors, presenters, and visitors alike and strives to provide services and facilities that are accessible to all.
As a not-for-profit media company that entertains, informs, and empowers Canadians from the disability communities, AMI will ensure that its services are provided in an accessible manner. Our policies, programs, and practices will focus on the identification and removal of barriers for persons with disabilities.
It is AMI’s goal to reflect the spirit of the Accessible Canada Act and to this end welcomes feedback regarding accessibility and any barriers that may be encountered by persons with disabilities.
The person responsible for receiving and responding to all accessibility feedback is a member of the Human Resources department.
Feedback can be provided to AMI in the following manner,
Accessible Media Inc - Head Office
1090 Don Mills Road, Suite 200
Toronto, ON M3C 3R6
Toll free: 1-800-567-6755,
AMI will respect each individual’s right to privacy and confidentiality. Information can be provided anonymously. All feedback will be managed within the Human Resources department and stored in a secure document management system. Feedback will only be shared with those individuals directly involved in improving accessibility.
Acknowledgement of Feedback
When feedback is received the following actions will be taken:
- A representative of AMI will contact the initiating party and discuss the feedback using a manner that takes into account any accessibility concerns if identified.
- If remedial action is required, the feedback details will be distributed to the senior management team for review.
- Where applicable, recommendations and advice may be sought from legal representation, the accounting/financial team, accessibility consultant(s), relevant associations which serve and support persons with disabilities, and/or members of the community with disabilities.
- If action is to be taken, all policies, practices and procedures documents will be updated to reflect the corrective action and distributed.
- Once a course of action has been identified, the initiating party will be contacted to inform them of the solution.
How we will use your feedback
All feedback will be taken seriously and will be used to,
- Improve our overall accessibility.
- Understand barriers that currently exist.
- Develop and design plans to eliminate the existing barriers.
- Update accessibility plans and progress reports.
If requested, AMI will endeavour to provide alternate formats of items such as this document and other applicable reports where it is reasonable to do so and will not cause undue hardship to AMI. These formats may include, but are not limited to, such communication structures as:
- Verbal or audio
- hard copy with large font type
- electronic text
In accordance with the requirements of the Accessible Canada Act, AMI will publish a multi-year accessibility plan by June 1, 2024. The Accessibility Plan will highlight the efforts of AMI to eliminate barriers in the following areas.
- Built Environment
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Communication other than ICT
- Procurement of Goods, Services, and Facilities
- Design and Delivery of Programs and Services
AMI has developed this Feedback Process with the cooperation of persons with disabilities including but not limited to, AMI employees and the accessibility consulting firm of Accessibility Professionals of Ontario (an organization made up entirely of persons with disabilities). As we move forward with our Accessibility Plan, we will continue to consult and work with persons with disabilities, ensuring that we fulfill AMI’s mission and vision and the requirements of the Accessible Canada Act.