Do you want to make a difference every day? Then AMI is the place for you.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI)’s mission is to entertain, inform and empower Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-télé in French, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English, AMI’s vision is to establish and support a voice for Canadians with disabilities, representing their interests, concerns and values through accessible media, and positive reflection and portrayal.
We are currently looking for a Chase Producer (contract) to join our team in Toronto. This role will meet the objectives of the production department by chase producing original and current content ideas for AMI-tv’s live shows. The primary assignment will be the daily two-hour morning show NOW with Dave Brown.
If you are interested in being part of an extraordinary team, and you have the qualifications and experience listed below, please apply:
• Prepare for AMI-tv’s live shows by chase producing interesting and original story ideas, conducting, or arranging all necessary research as required and ensuring that Host(s) and Senior Producer(s) have been briefed on all aspects of content development.
• Research and liaise with potential guests on a variety of topics pertaining to the disability community.
• Organize the participation of interviewees, creative contributors, and other participants, conduct pre-interviews, develop background, introduction, and line of questioning.
• Prepare for daily discussions on current affairs, sports, entertainment, and business by gathering and rewriting source material for live presentation as assigned by the Senior Producer.
• Ensure that all content meets our Integrated Descriptive Video Best Practices and all other accessibility standards.
• Deliver relevant content for social media.
• Participate on-air in roundtable discussions on a variety of topics or on cross-promotion requirements as assigned.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• College Diploma/Certification in Broadcast/Media, TV or Film Studies
• Minimum 3 years related experience. Live TV Production is preferred.
• Good knowledge of media production techniques and methods. This includes pre-production stages, script writing and booking of talent and resources.
• Knowledge of post-production stages, video editorial processes and storytelling, booking and budgetary management of resources quality control of final productions, general software applications including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Teams.
• Strong chasing skills. Experience in producing live and pre-recorded programming.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good problem-solving skills, organizational and time management skills.
• This position will be required on-site at 1090 Don Mills office 5 days per week, 8 hours a day.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Please note the start date for this position is ASAP.