Do you want to make a difference every day? Are you interested in making media accessible for all Canadians? Are you an experienced television producer with a passion for telling stories? Then AMI is the place for you.
Who we are:
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI)’s mission is to entertain, educate, and empower Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French, AMI’s vision is to establish and support a voice for Canadians with disabilities, representing their interests, concerns and values through accessible media, reflection and portrayal.
Currently we are recruiting for a Producer in our Edmonton Bureau. The individual who will fill this role will be a creative storyteller, an innovative thinker, a strong supervisor and a team player. Most of all the individual will have the exciting opportunity to create accessible media for Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. If you are interested in being a member of an awesome and passionate team, we would like to hear from you!
1. Accomplish the production of a full 8-episode season of AMI’s original series Dish with Mary, regional segments for AMI’s original series AMI This Week, and complete one longer format project, already in production.
2. Supervise and lead the bureau production team throughout the entire production process, provide real-time feedback and coaching, document and communicate production plans, irregularities, and project updates.
3. Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff in the office and in the field.
4. Coordinate and schedule the logistical requirements for the production bureau: selecting the crew; providing direction onsite during filming; arranging interviews and clearances, including accreditation; travel and accommodation; and obtaining rights to third party content as well as music and performance rights
5. Ensure that proper audio and video are captured during field production process: requesting re-shooting, re-framing and determining b-roll and additional audio from the production team as needed.
6. Meet the program quality standards of the production pieces by working closely with the Senior Producer in all aspects of the production; treatment, scripting, paper edit and post phases
• College Diploma/Certification in Broadcast/Media Studies or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years of Production Team Lead or Supervisory experience
• Strong editorial, storytelling and grammatical skills, research skills utilizing web-based resources, attention to detail
• Effective communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Good problem-solving skills, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to display a positive attitude and foster positive working relationships within AMI, media partners, community leaders, local organizations, and elected officials
• Experience supporting a voice for persons with a disability is an asset
• Bilingualism is an asset
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.