Creating accessible baby nurseriesAuthored on January 15, 2021
- Michelle McQuigge of the Canadian Press gives a recap of the news that made headlines this past weekend
- Accessibility consultant Marco Pasqua discusses accessible baby nurseries and describes the services offered by the Tetra Society of North America
- Film reviewer Kim Thistle shares her commentary on the Netflix series “Bridgerton”
- Marc Aflalo of Double Tap TV chats about the increased trend in transparent televisions
- And, Ryan Delehanty tells us about "Cuddles From Rick,” a new campaign that aims to equip Nova Scotia hospitals with cuddle beds
Donald Trump's impeachmentAuthored on January 15, 2021
In our weekly news panel with Michelle McQuigge and Meagan Gillmore we discuss:
- U.S. President Donald Trump's impeachment trial that could begin next Wednesday as President-elect Joe Biden is being sworn into office
- We also chat about the concerns raised by educators about students with disabilities who have been allowed to attend school during lockdown
- And, with more people working from home, how mindful do we need to be of making excessive noise in residential areas?
In the second hour of the show:
- entertainment critic Michael McNeely previews the upcoming Netflix film “Malcolm & Marie” starring Zendaya and John David Washington
- and, Karen McKay from Centre for Equitable Library Access tells us about the contenders for this year’s Canada Reads
A first-hand perspective at the U.S. Capitol siegeAuthored on January 13, 2021
- Journalist Alice Li from the Washington Post shares her experience outside the U.S. Capitol during the siege that took place earlier this month
- Producer Dawn Dickinson previews The Guardian This Week with an article about how the launch of video game console PS5 received more media coverage than 10 humanitarian crises combined
- Steven Scott of Double Tap Canada discusses the responsibility big tech companies have for managing content on their platforms
- And, our colleague Sylvi Fekete tells us about ‘2 BE CALM,’ a new hotline that offers calming sounds to relieve stress
Season 2 of #IGotThisAuthored on January 13, 2021
- TV producer Tara Mewis discusses season 2 of AMI-tv’s #IGotThis!
- Community reporter Derek Lackey in Winnipeg tells us about an upcoming virtual event on accessible sports and recreation in Manitoba! To access his full report, visit here
- Community reporter Milena Khazanavicius describes the updated law for organ donations in Nova Scotia this month. To access her full report, visit here.
- Mike Agerbo of The App Show describes the LG Wash Tower, one of the smart home appliances revealed at this year’s CES convention
- And, veteran political correspondent Craig Oliver discusses the latest news in Canadian and American politics
Samsung's new accessible TVsAuthored on January 11, 2021
- Community Reporter Dorothy Macnaughton in Sault Ste. Marie discusses the importance of advocating on an ongoing basis for disability rights. To access her full report, visit here
- Community Reporter Michelle Creedy in Duncan, BC tells us about the Dark Room Ballet, an introductory dance program for blind and partially sighted dancers. To access her full report, visit here
- Nelson Régo of Cool Blind Tech tells us about:
- And, contestants Karen Magee, Mark Phoenix and host Dave Brown put their minds to the test in our weekly news quiz!