Do you want to make a difference every day? Then AMI is the place for you.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization serving more than five million Canadians who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing, mobility or print restricted. AMI operates three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French.
We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team in Toronto. The Systems Administrator’s primary role is to manage and maintain the company’s IT infrastructure Systems and provide support for video production systems throughout AMI. This role also functions as a backup to Network Administrator and is a point of escalation for support. The incumbent works closely with Manager, peers, vendors, and other departmental personnel to help implement company initiatives and IT policies in order to meet company objectives.
If you are interested in being part of an extraordinary team, and you have the qualifications and experience listed below, please apply:
• Maintain corporate technology services standards by installing and configuring server, network, VoIP, and other IT related hardware and software. Create, configure and support virtual server environments and software as required.
• Ensure operation of video systems throughout AMI (hardware and software) by installing or overseeing the installation of new systems; testing and confirming compatibility with existing systems; and recommending modifications as required.
• Assist with the maintenance of the LAN (local area network), WAN (wide area network), WiFi (wireless network), and network security by performing any required controller or switch configurations, upgrades, and patches.
• Ensure that all video related software packages are working to maintain optimal workflow by working collaboratively with manufacturers and suppliers to implement changes and updates in a timely and safe manner.
• Assist with ensuring high availability of AMI IT systems by proactively monitoring, maintaining, all network and server related issues, including, but not limited to, physical and virtual server environments, maintaining current server OS, security patches, drivers, and applicable firmware upgrades.
• Maintain quality of service by regularly researching and recommending any required methodologies or resources needed to improve current systems, and thoroughly test all upgrades and patches prior to deployment in a production environment, by deploying in test environment first, while scheduling, communicating and coordinating with the user community of pending upgrades or changes to systems or networks.
• Collect data to facilitate IT systems capacity planning and trending by reviewing and recording collected data on systems’ CPU and memory usage (hosts, servers, and other IT systems); storage capacity (directly attached, SAN, NAS, or other); network capacity (may include LAN, WAN, Storage Networks, and other).
• Ensure quality and validity of corporate data by maintaining and monitoring installed corporate backup solutions.
• Prepare reference material and provide operating instructions to other support staff members, or end users as applicable, and may develop and conduct training around those materials.
• Contribute to team effort as needed
• Diploma or Degree in Computer Technologies Studies, or demonstrated relevant equivalent experience
• 3 to 5 Years’ experience in various software programs and support, managing Cisco Switches, Active Directory, VMWare Virtual Infrastructure environments, as well as Windows Server operating systems, Windows Terminal Server. Data Centre Configurations. Working in a video broadcast or production environment
• Strong knowledge of security best practices; proficiency in supporting Cisco based network hardware and software.
• Great understanding of support both Macintosh OS X and Windows OS platforms
• Working knowledge of maintaining Microsoft SQL Server; Microsoft Network
• MCSA/MCSP/VMWare/Cisco CCNA/CCNP certifications and/or experience are an asset
• SQL Database and MySQL experience an asset
• Strong organizational, planning, analytical and project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a customer service orientation and an ability to effectively communicate technical aspects of projects to non-technical project members
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, schedule priorities and meet deadlines.
To apply, please click here.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note the start date for this position is ASAP.