We're always looking for completed series to add to AMI-tv's lineup of award-winning programming. Do you have a finished program you think would be a good fit for AMI? Read on for more details.
Preparing Your Proposal
When creating your proposal, please consider some of the following questions beforehand:
- Why do you feel your show would appeal to our AMI audience?
- Do you have E&O (Errors and Omissions) Insurance for your program?
- Is the program closed captioned?
- Is it in Described Video?
- Is it Canadian Content?
- Who is the target audience?
- What value does the program bring to the target audience?
- Has the program been certified Canadian by the CRTC or CAVCO (If Canadian, it must be certified before it can broadcast)
- Your proposal must be provided in an accessible Microsoft Word or accessible PDF document. If you have a sizzle reel or video samples, please include links to online versions of the media to the accessible document noted above.
- Once completed, attach your accessible proposal document(s) to an email, and send it to email@example.com.
By sending an email with your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org, you agree to the terms and conditions as set out in AMI's Policy Concerning Unsolicited Submissions.
What kinds of programs are you interested in acquiring?
- We are interested in a variety of content, with a focus on documentary, factual, lifestyle and performing arts programming.
Do you only acquire programs that focus on disability or accessibility?
- As per AMI's Vision statement, we strive to establish and support a voice for Canadians with disabilities, representing their interests, concerns and values through accessible media, reflection and portrayal.
Does my program have to be Canadian?
- No. If it is Canadian, it must be certified before it can broadcast. You can find more information on applying for Canadian certification using the following links:
How to apply for Canadian Program Certification