Position Title: Bureau Reporter – Contract, Edmonton (AB)
Are you an experienced, passionate and creative producer? Then AMI is the place for you.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization serving more than five million Canadians who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing, mobility or print restricted. AMI operates three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French.
We are currently looking for a Contract Bureau Reporter to join our team in Edmonton. Under the direction of the Bureau Producer, the ideal candidate will represent AMI as an on-camera Reporter for assigned programs and segments; by researching and presenting information and/or entertainment in an accessible and professional manner.
If you are interested in being part of an extraordinary team, and you have the qualifications and experience listed below, please apply:
1. Maintains and contributes to AMI’s brand and reputation by presenting a confident, professional and engaging on-camera persona and performing responsibilities within established formats and guidelines.
2. Assists the production team to ensure that information and insights presented are accurate and objective by researching topics and background information when required.
3. Through team participation, meets AMI’s quality programme standards when hosting or (co-hosting) programmes, conducting interviews, and introducing guests, by planning and rehearsing shows, writing, and sometimes memorizing scripts.
4. Pitch, research, develop, and paper edit original story ideas when time permits, under the supervision of the Bureau Producer.
5. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Certificate/Diploma in Broadcast/Media or related program at Post Secondary Institution or equivalent experience.
• 2 years’ experience in a Radio, Television or Print environment.
• Good knowledge of the techniques and methods of media production (the stages of pre-production, scripting and planning resources)
• Knowledge of research methods, identifying and contacting relevant sources.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, solid research skills and great attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills for organizing and managing time.
Applicants should email their resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line of the email.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note the start date for this position is as soon as possible.