Do you want to make a difference every day? Are you an experienced, passionate and creative producer? Then AMI is the place for you.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization serving more than five million Canadians who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing, mobility or print restricted. AMI operates three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French.
We are currently looking for a Contract Editor and Control Room Switcher to join our team in Toronto. Under the direction of the Director, Production, this position will create broadcast ready content for distribution on AMI-tv and web platforms by editing video and audio using software tools, and applying AMI’s visual presentation standards and graphics, and by bringing engaging visual elements to AMI-tv and AMI-audio’s broadcast channels, digital platforms and live programs.
If you are interested in being part of an extraordinary team, and you have the qualifications and experience listed below, please apply:
• Presents visual stories with maximum effect by selecting and combining the most effective shots, into sequences and correcting errors using editing tools.
• Packages video content, programs, interstitials and promos by editing video, dialogue, music and sound effects and by rendering graphics and animation elements.
• Sets up and operates non-linear editing systems, graphics, video switching and digital video effects in order to produce a final product.
• Prepares media for import, encoding or digitizing to Non-Linear Editing system and digital media platforms. (MPX, YouTube etc)
• Maintains strong relationships by communicating with key team members and providing regular status updates to Supervisor.
• Enhances the television program by creating day to day graphics and sourcing complementary images and B-roll based on audio content as established by Senior Show Producers and PA/Director.
• Live switching of cameras and technical roll-in of graphics, photos, Video Skype, b-roll and pre-records that create a visually appealing program as well as ensures that the broadcast is accessible to a blind or partially sighted audience.
• Pre-records segments and promos with visuals, as required, with an eye for continuity and accessibility.
• Ensures all elements are available and correct in the control room switcher for next days show by loading the TriCaster and cross referencing with television rundown.
• Ensures the uninterrupted presentation of the television broadcast by monitoring, testing and troubleshooting all technical aspects of the program including cameras, lighting and TV audio and adjusting as required and escalating all issues to Post Production Supervisor and/or Technology Services Department.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• College Diploma in Television Broadcasting or related Video Production Program or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 2 years of video post production experience. Experience working in a live production environment an asset.
• Advanced technical knowledge of multi camera switchers (TriCaster an asset), signal routing, camera and audio equipment, scopes, current editing hardware and software (Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere) and software, video effects generators as well as general television operational procedures.
• Working knowledge of graphics applications such as Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator. Working knowledge of Pro-Tools audio editing software.
• High proficiency with optimum video and audio levels, quality control, and general television broadcast technical standards
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Strong interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Attention to audio and visual detail.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, schedule priorities and meet deadlines.
Applicants should email their resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line of the email.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note the start date for this position is ASAP.