Do you want to make a difference every day? Then AMI is the place for you.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization serving more than five million Canadians who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing, mobility or print restricted. AMI operates three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French.
We are currently looking for a Bilingual Ingest Operator. Reporting to the Supervisor of Broadcast Operations, this role will ensure all content meets established standards for broadcast and digital delivery on AMI-tv and AMI-audio and AMI-télé by receiving and translating program material, conducting quality control and maintaining the database and archive of the content.
If you are interested in being part of an extraordinary team, and you have the qualifications and experience listed below, please apply:
• Prepare content for broadcast and digital delivery by receiving program material from a variety of sources and converting to House format for storage on archive, production and editorial requirements.
• Maintain established company standards by conducting quality control which includes verifying general quality of sound, video, closed captioning and description and by ensuring that the MetaData input is complete and accurate.
• Perform the data management of the broadcast archive system by following established protocols, cross-referencing to SDS scheduling system, and correcting errors.
• Prepare content for Master Control or Broadcaster by combining audio mix to the video asset and delivering to the client.
• Maintain continuity and integrity of the content or broadcast system by documenting procedures and protocols, and adapting and maintaining system configurations.
• Maintain inter/intra department communication by keeping key stakeholders informed of status and availability of media content.
• Maintain industry and technical knowledge by keeping abreast of trends, reviewing industry publications, attending workshops and seminars etc.
• Contribute to team effort as needed.
• Diploma in Broadcasting and/or Data Management
• 3 years industry experience and understanding of broadcast technical standards and content guidelines.
• Bilingual English/French
• Working knowledge of various broadcast technology; e.g. Flip Factory, FTP software, Scheduling software, DIVA, Pipeline, Video Tape Recorders, Scopes/Rasterizer, Routing/Patching, signal conversion, interface with Edit Systems such as Pro-tools, Final Cut Pro, Avid Knowledge
• Strong organizational, planning and time-management skills; multi-tasking, data management skills, attention to detail, strong communication skills.
• Attention to auditory and visual detail. Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, schedule priorities and meet deadlines.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note the start date for this position is ASAP.