Steps to access DV content (MTS Ultimate TV)
- Assume a customer has chosen to set the STB audio to default to "DVS" and to program button "C" on the remote control to control the default audio, effectively turning DV off and on. Changing channels will default the audio to DV. To turn off DV, press "C" on the remote control. An on-screen confirmation will display for approximately five seconds, then the on-screen display will disappear.
- To turn on DV again, press "C" on the remote control. An on-screen confirmation will display for approximately five seconds, then the on-screen display will disappear. Currently, the notification regarding which audio track is activated is a five-second, on-screen text message. MTS is exploring the possibility of triggering a sound effect, such as one bell/two bells, to indicate that the audio track is set to normal or DV. This might or might not be possible with the current version of technology.
Steps to access DV content (MTS Classic TV)
- To activate DV on the main TV, press the "wrench" button on the front of the RG2200 or the "Menu" button on the RG2400 to display "Gateway Menu" on-screen. OR To activate DV on the other TVs, press "B" on the SRC200 remote control or "Home" on the SRC300 remote control to display "Gateway Menu" on-screen. All other steps are performed with the remote control.
- Press "Select" to display "TV Set-up Menu" on-screen.
- If DV is required on TV 1, skip Step 3 and proceed to Step 4. If DV is required on TV 2, scroll down once to highlight "TV 2" on-screen. If DV is required on TV 3, scroll down twice to highlight "TV 3" on-screen.
- Press "Select" to display "Setup 2" on-screen. Secondary Audio "English" will be highlighted. (If DV is already activated, "DVS" will be highlighted.)
- Press "Select" to switch "English" to "DVS" on-screen. (To deactivate DV, press "Select" to switch "DVS" to "English".)
- Press "Exit" to return to "TV Setup Menu" on-screen. If DV is required on more than one STB output, return to Step 3, scroll to another output, and repeat Steps 4 to 6.
- Press "Exit" to return to "Gateway Menu" on-screen.
- Press "Exit" to return to TV program. DV audio will begin within 10 seconds, if the programming service is providing DV.
- Customers requiring DVS should choose MTS Ultimate TV
- Each set top box can be set to a default audio of "English" or "DVS" with set and forget functionality
- There are three programmable buttons on the remote that can be programmed as a one button solution for activating the default audio
- Setting the default audio on the set top box may take up to 8 steps, programming one of three buttons may take an additional 15 steps
- Set and forget functionality is available