Do you want to make a difference every day? Are you interested in making media accessible for all Canadians?
We are currently looking for a Network Systems Administrator to join our team in Toronto. The Network Systems Administrator’s primary role is to manage and maintain the company’s IT infrastructure and provide 2nd level support. The incumbent works closely with their Manager, peers, vendors, and other departmental personnel to help implement company initiatives and IT policies in order to meet company objectives.
• Maintain corporate technology services standards by installing and configuring desktop, server, network, VoIP, and other IT related hardware. Create, configure and support virtual server environments and software as required.
• Maintain all required aspects of the LAN (local area network), WAN (wide area network), WiFi (wireless network), and network security by performing any required controller or switch configurations, upgrades, and patches.
• Ensure high availability of AMI IT systems by proactively monitoring, maintaining, and overseeing all network and server related issues, including, but not limited to, physical and virtual server environments, maintaining current server OS, security patches, drivers, and applicable firmware upgrades.
• Maintain quality of service by regularly researching and recommending any required methodologies or resources needed to improve current systems, and thoroughly tests all upgrades and patches prior to deployment in a production environment.
• Collect data to facilitate IT systems capacity planning and trending by reviewing and recording collected data on systems’ CPU and memory usage (hosts, servers, and other IT systems); storage capacity (directly attached, SAN, NAS, or other); network capacity (may include LAN, WAN, Storage Networks, and other).
• Ensure quality and validity of corporate data by maintaining and monitoring installed corporate backup solutions.
• Prepare reference material and provides operating instructions to other support staff members, or end users as applicable, and may develop and conduct training around those materials.
• Create and maintain up to date records by fully documenting any installations and operating or recovery procedures used, pertaining to deployed products or services; engaging IT change management policies towards any changes made to the production IT environment, any changes made to current network map, etc.
• Maintain quality of service by participating in the provision of 24/7 support as outlined in AMI’s technical support on-call requirements.
• Contribute to team effort as needed.
• Diploma or Degree in Computer Technologies Studies, or demonstrated relevant equivalent experience
• 3 to 5 Years’ experience in various software programs and support, managing Cisco Switches, Active Directory, and VMWare Virtual Infrastructure environments, as well as Windows Server 2008/2012 operating systems and Windows Terminal Server.
• Strong knowledge of security best practices in a network environment
• Proficiency in supporting Cisco based network hardware and software.
• Working knowledge of maintaining Microsoft SQL Server; Microsoft Network
• MCSA/MCSP/VMWare/Cisco CCNA/CCNP certifications and/or experience are an asset
• Strong organizational, planning, analytical and project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a customer service orientation and an ability to effectively communicate technical aspects of projects to non-technical project members
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, schedule priorities and meet deadlines.
• Experience in a Production environment is required.
To apply, please click here.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note the start date for this position is ASAP.