Position Title: Summer Student – Media Accessibility Services – Toronto (ON)
An exciting opportunity awaits one Media Accessibility Student who has a passion to make a difference! AMI’s Media Accessibility Services department in the Toronto head office has a summer opportunity available. This position will help the Accessibility Officer to liaise with internal departments to determine current levels of accessibility through research. This information will be used to help build out an Accessibility Maturity Model, which will help us to continually improve our accessibility practices. The position will be a four-month contract starting as of May.
If you are interested in being part of a dedicated and dynamic team, then we would like to hear from you!
1. Assists the Accessibility Officer in scheduling and creating questions for interviews
2. Creates surveys for Accessibility projects and initiatives, including internal satisfaction survey
3. Assists in the creation of summary reports documenting interview and survey findings
4. Gains exposure to document accessibility practices, and facilitates an increase in accessibility within AMI’s documents
5. Conducts research on accessibility matters as required
6. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Enrolled in post-secondary program in broadcast, research, business, or accessibility services
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
• Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication and grammatical skills
• Strong research, planning, creative and organizational skills
• Experience working with volunteers or the public would be an asset
• Experience working in a live radio or television broadcast environment an asset
• Excellent attention to detail
• Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
Applicants should email their resume and covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line of the email.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants we plan to invite to a follow-up interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.