Listen to Kelly and Company weekdays from 2 to 4 p.m. Eastern to find out what’s happening in your community! Tune in weekly to hear from our community reporters across the country bringing you information on events and happenings in the blind and partially sighted community across Canada. Click here for more reports in other regions: Atlantic, Central, West and North.
Julia Bonnett spent 30 years as a classical singer and stage performer in the Vancouver area.
In recent years, her career focus changed to music education for young children, teaching for Vancouver Opera’s Education and Outreach programs and for the Vancouver Academy of Music. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit and in-person teaching stopped, Julia took the opportunity to change course, and has been doing a lot of volunteer work, chairing a PAC committee at her son’s school, supporting the CNIB’s Assistive Technology program and grant writing with Aquafit for All, an organization devoted to providing accessible exercise programs for stroke survivors and the blind and partially sighted.
Julia has Retinitis Pigmentosa, and is very grateful for the love and support of her husband and two kids. Other interests are cooking, gardening, good books and good friends!
Recent Reports: January 10
- Blind Beginnings: “Seeing Things Differently” Youth Support Group
- Date: 8 weeks, starting January 13, 2022; 7:30 – 9PM PST
- Location: Virtual; register by January 10th - must also join Blind Beginnings to take part.
- Contact: Shawn Marsolais
- Email: email@example.com
- Neil Squire Society Lunch and Learn
- Date: January 20, 2022 from 11:50 – 1PM Pacific, This recurring event happens every 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Location: Zoom , register to receive Zoom link.
- Contact: Nate Toevs, Marketing Manager
- Phone: 604-355-0578
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Recreation Initiatives Society -CRIS- Adaptive Adventures- Adult Adaptive XC Ski
- Date: January 22, 2022 1pm – 2:30pm PST
- Location: Telemark Nordic Ski Club, West Kelowna BC .
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 250-979-3941