Listen to Kelly and Company weekdays 2 to 4 Eastern to find out what's happening in your community! Tune in weekly to hear from our community reporters across the country bringing you information on events and happenings in the blind and partially sighted community across Canada. Click here for more reports in other regions: Atlantic, Central, Pacific and North.
From riding pedal and motor bikes to tobogganing on her family farm, loving sports in and out of school, to an Internet DJ, Toni Freimark is a multi-passionate go-getter. Growing up with vision loss has never stopped Toni from living the fullest life she can. Toni is a proud Albertan who began her life in Buffalo, Alberta, and then moved to Medicine Hat at the age of 19.
For over 13 years, Toni has been an advocate and support worker for adults, youth and families impacted by various disabilities, needs and challenges.
Toni currently works for Next Step Residential Services and Family Managed Program, and continues to volunteer for CNIB where she worked for almost two years. Toni is also an active member of the Working Group for Accessibility & Inclusion in Medicine Hat.
Visiting her parent's ranch in Halkirk, camping and tandem cycling are some of Toni's favourite things to do. Toni thrives on her connection to her community and is driven to stay informed about the opportunities available to those living with vision loss. Toni is beyond thrilled to represent Alberta as an AMI Community Reporter ... stay tuned for more!
Recent Reports: June 7
- Adaptive Cycling Group in Medicine Hat
- Date: Wednesday June 15 to August 10 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm (leisure) or
- 7:15pm to 8:15pm (Trails)
- Location: Kin Coulee Park, 104 South Kin Coule Road SE, Medicine Hat.
- Contact: Tara Chisholm-program coordinator
- Phone: 587-253-5300
- Email: email@example.com
- Shirley Dupmeier Park Medicine Hat
- Location: Shirley Dupmeier stone marker in the park, 1878 9th Ave NE, Medicine Hat.
- Bird Canada E-Scooters launched in Medicine Hat