A Vibrating Dog Vest
- Yoav Golan from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev tells us about a vibrating dog vest designed to help people communicate with dogs.
- Producer Kevin Philipupillai discusses a Walrus magazine essay about how reading the Anne of Green Gables novels helped the writer deal with grief as a child.
- Producer Dawn Dickinson tells us why authorities in England are concerned about an old shipwreck from World War Two.
- Community reporter JR Bjornson calls in from Red Deer, Alberta with news about a local blind hockey program that has just received funding.
- Steven Scott from Double Tap Canada explains why the smart assistant service Aira is offering five free minutes on every call.
- AMI-tv producer Darcy De Toni tells us about a new documentary called "Postcards from Northern Ontario."
- Professor Gordon Houlden, director of The China Institute at the University of Alberta, joins us to speak about the protests in Hong Kong.
- We speak with Amanda O’Rourke from the nonprofit group 8 80 Cities about how to design streets that emphasize pedestrian safety.
- Producer Kevin Philipupillai explains how the Danish government is responding to Donald Trump’s interest in buying Greenland for the United States.
- Community reporter Guy Carriere calls in from Sudbury, Ontario with details about an upcoming poutine festival.
- Mike Agerbo from The App Show tells us about a self-driving scooter that can drive itself to the nearest charging station.
- We talk about a community in Oregon that’s using optical illusions to try to stop people from parking in accessible parking spaces.
A Robotic Guide Dog
- Dr. François Bolduc from the University of Alberta tells us about a computer program designed to help people with neurodevelopmental disabilities find resources and information online.
- We speak with Stephanie Dixon, the chef de mission for Canada’s Parapan Am Games team, live from the games in Lima, Peru.
- Donna Jodhan from Barrier Free Canada shares her experiences with accessibility within the legal system.
- We talk about the backlash against a new book by disgraced pundit Mark Halperin, who was accused of sexual harassment by several former colleagues and subordinates.
- Nelson Régo from Cool Blind Tech tells us about a robotic dog named Astro that has been designed to act as a guide dog.
- We have our weekly news quiz with special guest's Roy Zvifel and Giovanni Annarilli, our summer students at AMI.