Listen to NOW with Dave Brown weekdays 9 to 11 a.m. Eastern to find out what's happening in your community! Tune in weekly to hear from our community reporters across the country bringing you information on events and happenings in the blind and partially sighted community across Canada. Click here for more reports in other regions: Pacific, Central and West.
Milena is a self-described adventurer. She’s a volunteer with Frontier college where she tutors kids and she also spends lots of time advocating for the blind and partially sighted community in her area. Milena is a big fan of the arts, she loves to cook and enjoys running the roads with her guide dog Louis.
July 2, 2020 - Milena Khazanavicius tells us about Independent Living Nova Scotia's plans to provide free Loblaws digital gift cards for people with disabilities. She also describes some municipal recreation facilities that are reopening in Halifax and gives us a sneak peak to the upcoming “Pose like Diana” contest by the Halifax Public Gardens.
- Independent Living Nova Scotia's applications for free Loblaws digital gift cards is currently closed but will eventually re-open.
- For more infornmation call Randy Reede, the Information Outreach Coordinator at Independent Living Nova Scotia, at: 902-453-0004
- And, visit their website at: ilns.ca
- Nova Scotia’s recreational facilities, can be accessed on the city's wesbite.
- As a reminder, all municipal beaches are open and lifeguards will be onsite from July 6 to August 31.
- To learn more about their swimming programming, visit here.
- The Pose Like Diana contest runs July 15th to September 10th
- Milena also highlight a new video on Resilience & Perseverance by the Betsy's Positive Video YouTube channel. You can view it here.