AMI at the Movies: The Children Act Review
- For AMI at the Movies, our movie critic Amy Amantea calls in from Vancouver with her review of The Children Act, about a teenager who refuses a lifesaving medical treatment.
- Karen Magee tells us about the Durham School Board making its computers more accessible for students with mobility restrictions.
- Donna Jodhan joins us to talk about how to secure greater access to higher education for people with vision impairments.
- JR Bjornson rejoins our show, with tips for how to watch out for viruses and other dangerous links when using your smartphone.
- Tech expert Marc Aflalo explains how to boost the wireless signal in your home.
- We have our weekly news quiz.
Nova Scotia's New Rules on Access to Washrooms
- Today is the first annual International Day of the Stim, an awareness event led by people with autism. We’ll speak with Anne Borden from the group Autistics for Autistics.
- The Nova Scotia government has been ordered to enforce rules around access to washrooms in the restaurant industry. Our colleague Ryan Delehanty tells us more.
- For AMI at the Movies, Amy Amantea reviews the movie The Children Act about a teenager who refuses a potentially life-saving medical treatment.
- Our news panel comes together to discuss the Trades Union Congress in Great Britain calling for a four-day work week, how languages are recognized and taught in Canada downtown living affordability, and was Ontario premier Doug Ford right to use the notwithstanding clause?
Walter White is coming to AMI!
- We’ll complete our week-long spotlight on Season Two of Employable Me. Today we’ll meet job seeker Gavin O’Sullivan and his mother Louna.
- For AMI at the Movies, JM Frey previews a film about the French author, actress, and journalist Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette.
- Microsoft has made it possible for people to control the XboxOne using voice commands from smart devices. Nelson Régo of Cool Blind Tech tells us more.
- An American pharmaceutical executive says he has a moral imperative to raise drug prices as high as possible. We’ll try to figure out what planet he’s living on.
- Walrus magazine writer Matthew Halliday argues that our recycling system doesn’t do very much for the environment.
- Walter White is coming to AMI! Our colleague Greg David introduces AMI-tv’s fall lineup.