Do you want to make a difference every day? Are you interested in making media accessible for all Canadians? Are you an experienced and passionate videographer with a creative eye? Then AMI is the place for you.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit media company that entertains, informs, and empowers Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French, AMI’s vision is to establish and support a voice for Canadians with disabilities, representing their interests, concerns and values through accessible media, reflection, and portrayal.
We are currently looking for a part-time contract Videographer to join the Programming & Production team at AMI-télé. The ideal candidate will be responsible for composing shoots and editing original video and audio for AMI’s broadcast platforms by operating video camera and editing recordings.
If you are interested in being part of such an awesome team and have the following qualifications, please let us know.
1. Meet AMI-télé production requirements by recording assigned program material using video camera equipment; make technical decisions regarding such elements as appropriate lighting, shooting angle and placement and type of microphone; work collaboratively with the team regarding creative and effective visual story telling within AMI Production Standards.
2. Maintains the operation and security of all required equipment (camera, audio and lighting) required for each assignment by completing preventive maintenance and following manufacturer instructions.
3. Prepare the production location by transporting equipment and supplies; positioning people, props and equipment; set-up and adjusting lighting; placement of microphones and all other tasks related to a shoot.
4. Meet AMI-télé’s technical production standards by editing and assembling final visual program material following script and producer guidelines, while providing creative suggestions and solutions and ensuring consistency and relevancy to production.
5. Maintain relevant knowledge by attending educational workshops reviewing publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional forums.
6. Maintains AMI-télé company vehicle in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
7. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Diploma in Broadcast/Media or equivalent experience
• At least 5 years of experience in audiovisual production for television.
• Strong knowledge of photography, cinematography, sound, lighting, and Non-Linear Editor systems, (Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid).
• knowledge of Premiere Pro tools, photoshop and after effects.
• Working knowledge of new media video formats such as: MXF, OMF, MPEG, Quick Time, Etc.
• Works independently, strong communication and interpersonal skills,
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and quick turnaround.
• Displays advance camera operating ability, creative eye and attention to detail.
• Possesses a valid driver’s license and operates company vehicle
• Bilingualism (English/French)
Applicants should email their resume and covering letter.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.